C1000 & C2000
Liquid Deicing Products
The use of liquids has grown in popularity over the last 10 years. Liquids are a tool that can help in your snow and ice control plan especially when used with solid deicers. The benefits of liquid deicers:
- Fast acting
- Can be applied directly to the pavement or to the spinner
- Can lower the effective melting temperature
- Can reduce bounce and scatter when applied to the salt
- Non-chloride available
Many governmental agencies and commercial snow plowing service companies apply liquids ahead of a snow or ice event – Anti-icing. This action prevents snow or ice from bonding to the pavement and allows for more efficient and effective snow plowing.
Central Salt offers the following liquid deicers:
- C1000 for direct application, anti-icing and deicing
- C2000 for stockpile treatment
- C5000 as a salt brine additives
- NC-3000 Non-chloride – for environmentally or corrosion sensitive applications
Our partnership with ADM/Glacial Technologies provides the research and development for the use and application of Caliber® with 32% liquid calcium chloride. Caliber is a finished, engineered corn product. It is clear, odorless, water white food grade carbohydrate. Caliber works as a concentrate compared to other agricultural products.
NC-3000 is safe enough to use around vegetation and in areas where corrosion is a concern. It is non-toxic and non-hazardous to plants and animal life and in environment, NC-3000 is biodegradable. It has a low Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) and contains only a trace amounts of phosphates or nitrogen.
Caliber® is a registered trademark of ADM